At this moment we are singing glorious refrains of gratitude in your honor. Thank you for deciding to become a Blue Sage volunteer! As mentioned on the Volunteer Page, and in other published materials, Blue Sage volunteers are the kingpin and life-giving force of the Blue Sage. Truly, we couldn’t be more honored. Here are the types of things we often need help with:
Helping out at events allows for a smooth-running experience for attendees and often comes with free admission.
- Set-up: Including decorating, but also bringing up chairs and equipment from the basement.
- Ticketing: Sell and collect tickets at the door
- Bartending: Sell beer, wine and soda
- Clean-up: Return equipment to the basement and clean floors.
Behind the Scenes
Behind-the-scenes volunteers are like little engines that can. By joining a standing committee, you are making an on-going commitment to get involved with the Blue Sage in a bigger way.
- Gallery Committee: Meets monthly. Schedules gallery shows and maintains the space
- Facilities Committee: Meets as-needed. The facilities committee keeps the basements organized, the lights working, and generally oversees the ongoing maintenance of the space.
- Classical Music Committee: Meets monthly. The classical music committee keeps the series on track, makes sure that the series stay in-tune with the desires of the community, and takes on responsibility for the series’ fundraising needs.
- Music & Dance Committee: Meets monthly. The music and dance committee is responsible for all of the great dance parties and non-classical music events at the Blue Sage. Additionally, they plan recitals that help to showcase local youth.