PAONIA PLAYERS CLASSES
THE HARMONY GANG
Instructor: Susan Ellinger
There are no uniforms required for this class, but children must wear comfortable gym clothes. Due to low enrollment, this class has been cancelled for the Spring 2014 semester.
Instructor: Jacob Futro
Meeting Times: Classes begin the week of January 27. All after school programs will meet once per week, Monday-Thursday between 3:45 and 5:45p.m. There are no classes on school holidays and breaks. Class meeting times are as follows:
Harmony Gang: Mondays 3:45-4:45
Pop Stars: Mondays 3:45-4:45
Superstars: Mondays 4:45-5:45
Rising Stars: Tuesdays, 3:45-4:45
Intro to Acting: Tuesdays, 4:45-5:45
Rock Stars: Wednesdays, 3:45-4:45
Advanced Dance: Thursdays, 3:45-4:45
Early Registration (Dec. 2) $75
Regular Registration (Dec. 20) $90
Late Registration (Jan. 24) $125
The Blue Sage is dedicated to making educational arts opportunities available to all children. In order to keep class costs low, provide high quality instructors and well-run programs, the Blue Sage relies on charitable support from individuals like you. Please consider making a donation to the program to keep it affordable for all.
Susan is Artistic Director of Classical Programming for the Blue Sage Center for the Arts. She has performed extensively as both a soloist and chamber musician, and has won top prizes at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music and Manhattan School of Music and was awarded the National Baldwin Junior Keyboard Achievement Award at the age of thirteen presenting a solo recital in Washington D.C. for the Music Teachers National Association of America.
Mr. Futro has been studying Kung Fu with Sifu Bob Cook for close to twenty years. Children shall learn basic stances, basic blocking, basic punches as well as an introduction to Yang Style Tai Chi and Wing Chun Kung Fu. Children taking his class shall come away with a physical and mental practice that promotes a healthy lifestyle and gives them the confidence to defend themselves.
Dee Holt is a Paonia native who, after studying voice with Jan Tuin at PHS, went on to earn a BFA in Vocal Music Performance from Western State University of Colorado. She has directed children’s choirs for Western Colorado Music and also for her church. She is a homeschool mom of three kids and is happy to share her knowledge of and enthusiasm for singing with Paonia Players’ kids.
Merrily Talbott has been hooked on the performing arts since she had the lead in her school play at age seven. With 20 years of classroom teaching experience, Merrily loves kids and knows how to make learning fun! She founded Paonia Players in 2000, with a production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. She is excited about the direction in which Paonia Players has grown and is committed to providing quality performing arts opportunities for all kids in the North Fork Valley.
Carolyn Yates has been dancing since she could walk. She trained seriously from age 7 in Ballet, Jazz, Modern, and Tap. She first began teaching at the age of 14 and was soon choreographing and co-directing for her hometown dance troupe, “Co.Motion Dancers” in Frisco, CO. She studied extensively at Perry-Mansfield Performing Arts School and attended Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, WA where she graduated in 2000 with a BFA in Dance. She spent 2001-2002 dancing with Kim Robards Dance in Denver, CO before she transitioned to studying and teaching yoga full time. Carolyn is very excited to be returning to the dance world by teaching for Paonia Players!
You can register your student online with our easy online registration form, or by downloading the physical registration form below and either mailing it to the Blue Sage or dropping it off at the Blue Sage Gallery during business hours.
Parents and participants in the After School Performing Arts programs at the Blue Sage Center for the Arts agree to the following policies:
- Attitudes that are disrespectful, uncooperative, or aggressively competitive are not welcome. Any parent or student exhibiting these attitudes will be asked to leave.
- All students shall conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful to others and to themselves. They will not make comparisons to each other or speak negatively about one another or the instructors.
- Class will begin on time, and students are expected to arrive on time.
- Class will end promptly at the time stated. Parents are expected to arrive on time to pick up students.
- Parents need to be sure that children are supervised in the Blue Sage Gallery and Art Library at all times.
- No gum, candy, food or beverages other than water are allowed in class.
- Students should bring a water bottle to class if they feel they will need water.
- All cell phones must be turned off during class.
Attendance, Illness or Injury:
1. If your child is ill, please keep your child at home.
2. If your child cannot participate in class due to injury, then he may come and observe.
3. Please call the Blue Sage (970) 527-7243 prior to class time if your child will be absent from class.
Valuables/Lost and Found:
1. Valuables should be left at home or with a parent.
2. Items left behind are not the responsibility of the Blue Sage. A lost and found area is kept in the front corner of the hall. Please check twice before leaving that your child leaves with all of her belongings.
Tuition and Payment:
1. The class fee is due at the time of registration.
2. If a student drops out of the program, then a prorated amount of the refundable portion shall be returned to the parent.
3. There will be no refunds for missed classes.
Please contact the Blue Sage office for help setting up your installment plan using the button below. Please have your credit card ready.